4J Studios Aiming For Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 In Next Xbox Update
4J Studios has confirmed via their Twitter account, what they hope the next Minecraft (XBLA) update will contain. “We’re aiming to update to the major PC releases – first one will be the equivalent of the PC Beta 1.7.3 version.”
Currently it appears as if the game launched with all of the features of Minecraft (PC) Beta 1.6.6. This is the update just prior to pistons and shears. If they make their schedule, the next update will include the following features:
- Added pistons.
- Fixed clay generation.
- Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Fences can be stacked.
- Added Shears.
- Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
- Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
- Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
- Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
This would also include various bug fixes and the such. The clay generation is something everyone is already acutely aware of. Looking at our friends list, there are very few people who have managed to find clay, and even then it’s always under 30 blocks.
Unfortunately for us, this also means that the Adventure Update is still a good amount of time away. Don’t know what the Adventure Update is? Well, it’s only the thing that made Minecraft a million times more fun to explore.
Hopefully it isn’t too far off though. We really can’t wait to go hunting for strongholds again. Although we aren’t sure how well it will work on such a small world (relatively compared).