SNAPSHOT 12W21A AVAILABLE FOR TESTING
Time for a new snapshot! One big difference this time is that you don’t need the server jar to play single-player – more and more, the process is being refined for ease of use. Change log is below!
- Villagers will trade items (They are notoriously cheap, however)
- Added a “currency item”
- A few minor terrain changes
- A new useful block/item (requires obsidian)
- Added a /seed command for showing the map seed
- Added sandstone stairs
- A lot of smaller changes and fixes
Get the snapshot here:
Some points of interest discovered already:
- Possible TNT traps in the world
- Ender Chest (Sort of like a chest network – place two different Ender Chests and place items in either, and they will appear in any other Ender Chests you have placed. It glows a bit.)
- Emerald and Emerald Ore (used with Villagers)
- Made Buckets stackable.
- Added Snow to Creative Inventory.
- NPC Villages change style according to their biome.
- Stars are more realistic.
- They are now slightly smaller and slightly brighter.
- Changed Gravel texture.
- Improved Options menu.
- Added Pyramids.
- Added a second Golden Apple made with Blocks of Gold.
After being consumed, the player receives 30 second Regeneration IV, plus Resistance and Fire Resistance for 5 minutes.
- Dispensers will eject Water and Lava source blocks (from buckets); Will also take water and lava source blocks if there is an empty bucket inside
Of course, with any update there’s always a few bugs – some of the most relevant ones are listed below (take note of “old world corruption in particular!):
- Emerald Ore has the wrong texture.
- Loading a world from a previous version corrupts it.
- Generated structures are very buggy.
- New Golden Apple does not appear in the creative mode inventory screen.
- Villager Trading for items worth more than one emerald doesn’t work if you place the emeralds one by one.
- When removing the last Ender Chest, no items are ejected, and you must place a new one to retrieve the items. (may not be a bug)
- Single player still thinks it requires server/minecraft_server.jar. A blank file with the same name can be used.
- When generating a superflat world, you will get chunk errors – there will be some chunks generated in default, and the other are generated in superflat.
- Stacked buckets don’t pick up fluids. Instead, the fluid just disappears.